Listen to this audiobook in full for free with a 30-day trial:
Listen to the fascinating life of George Washington, the Father of the Republic.
This biography traces the life of George Washington from his early life as a surveyor to his retirement at Mount Vernon, with special emphasis on his activities during the American Revolutionary War.
1. Washington’s Early Life Appointed as Surveyor First Trip into the Wilderness Entrusted with Message to the French. (1732-1754)
2. Washington Appointed a Member of Gen. Braddock’s Staff French and Indian War Washington Made Commander of Virginia Forces Causes of the American Revolution Washington a Member of the First Continental Congress. (1755-1775)
3. Beginning of the Revolution Washington Made Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army British Forced to Leave Boston. (1775-1776)
4. Declaration of Independence Signed Battle of Long Island Battle of White Plains Washington Crosses the Delaware and Surprises the Hessians at Trenton. (1776-1777)
5. Recapture of Fort Ticonderoga by Gen. Burgoyne Battle of Brandywine Battle of Germantown Burgoyne’s Surrender at Saratoga Washington at Valley Forge Alliance with France. (1777-1778)
6. Battle of Monmouth Patriots Receive Aid from France Recapture of Fort at Stony Point by Gen. Anthony Wayne Washington at Morristown Surrender of Charleston, S.C., to the British Treason of Benedict Arnold. (1778-1780)
7. Gen. Gates Defeated at Camden, S.C. Battle of King’s Mountain Washington Sends Aid to the South Siege of Yorktown Surrender of Lord Cornwallis Peace Treaty Signed Washington’s Farewell to His Officers. (1780-1783)
8. Washington Retires to Mount Vernon Inaugurated as First President of the United States His Reelection His Death at Mount Vernon. (1783-1799)
George Washington Audiobook by Calista McCabe Courtenay